This cake is one variety of sponge cake that is suitable for people who do not consume food containing gluten. Almonds and raisins are chosen as toping, making this cake even more delicious and healthy. How to make it is simple and not complicated, here’s the recipe.
Homemade Gluten Free Sponge Cake with Almond and Raisin
4 egg yolks
2 egg whites
100 g sugar
60 g rice flour
30 g tapioca flour
10 g cornstarch
25 g milk powder
125 g butter, melted
50 g almond slice
50 g raisins
1. Prepare a 20x20x4cm square baking pan. Smear margarine at the baking pan, then match it with baking sheet, and smeared it back with margarine. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven with temperature 180 degree Celsius.
How to make:
1. Mix rice flour, tapioca flour, cornstarch, and milk powder. Sift, set aside.
2. Beat egg yolks, egg whites, and sugar for about 10 minutes until fluffy.
3. Add the flour mixture little by little while stirring constantly.
4. Add melted butter, stir gently.
5. Pour into baking pan, sprinkle with almond slices and raisins.
6. Bake in an oven with a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown and done.
7. Lift, remove from baking pan, let cool on wire rack.
8. Cut into pieces, serve.